Mag+ has announced that there are now more than 600 consumer and business apps released on its digital publishing platform.
Posted on: 06 September 2012 07:58
With Mag+ digital magazines such as Popular Science+ and WebMD consistently among the highest rated magazines in the App Store, the Mag+ momentum is accelerating, says the company.
“Our clients tell us what stands out with Mag+ is a designer-centric approach,” says Mag+ CEO Gregg Hano (pictured). “This includes the ability to easily design content that’s optimized for multiple devices, from the iPad to the Kindle Fire and now the iPhone and Android Mobile. We’re seeing these publishers make the most of Mag+’s unequalled design flexibility to create user experiences that drive their apps to the top of the sales and circulation charts.”
Among the newest of Mag+ clients are media giants and top consumer brands, adopting the solution for creative digital publishing and innovative smartphone apps.
• American Media, publishers of three new apps: Men’s Fitness, OK and Shape. AM has also underscored its commitment to the digital future by naming its first Digital Chief and announcing plans to create 60 new digital posts.
• Chicago Tribune Company, publisher of several iPad titles: the popular Chicago daily paper, RedEye; Bears Extra (Chicago Bears coverage), with more to come.
• The Victoria and Albert Museum: launching its second Mag+ app Played in Britain: 100 Great Plays, showcasing its theatrical photo archive. The V&A is also refreshing its popular free calendar app.
• Man About World – the hugely popular gay travel magazine is re-emerging as an app, conceived of and realized by its original editorial and creative team.
• Reader’s Digest Argentina, preparing to launch the Latin American version of the renowned 90-year-old magazine.
• Sun-Times Media Group, with a Chicago Sun-Times digital edition for iPad.
• USA Today, creators of the first Mag+ app for Kindle Fire: a special, collector’s edition magazine, dedicated to pop sensations One Direction.
• Unilever, with its Unilever Food Solutions. This innovative internal iPad app for Unilever’s sales teams aims to inspire chefs and restaurant owners with great time- and money-saving ways to incorporate the food giant’s products.
Mag+ says: “Mag+ is the most flexible and efficient platform for publishing creative content on touchscreen tablets and smartphones. Mag+ premiered on the first iPads in April 2010 with the award-winning Popular Science+ application and now supports more than 600 apps from publishers and creatives around the globe including Mad Magazine, Hemispheres (United Airlines),Toyota, WebMD, Outside, MarieClaire and IDG. With its streamlined production system, powerful backend and feature-rich design framework, Mag+ is ideal for anyone — from magazine publishers to catalogue marketers and design agencies — wanting to bring beautiful, immersive content to the millions who are using this new generation of digital devices.”
Featured Supplier Video
Publishing Software Company
PSC’s software can help you grow your business with no extra effort just simply by giving you control over every aspect and streamlining the processes you already have in place.
Business growth comes through a combination of launching more titles and selling more advertising, and both these take time and time is the one thing that publishers just don’t seem to have enough of.
We can show you how you can revolutionise the way you manage your business in just 15 minutes; email firstname.lastname@example.org now to find out more.