Ten news media and advertising experts have been appointed to the jury of the 2012 XMA Cross Media Awards, the annual competition from the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA), which this year will honour social media success stories from newspapers around the world.
Posted on: 15 August 2012 06:41
The XMA Awards, which will be presented at the World Publishing Expo 2012 (formerly the IFRA Expo) in Frankfurt, Germany, in October, will showcase newspapers that have mastered audience engagement and gained large followings on Twitter, Facebook, or on other social media platforms.
The jury for “XMA 2012: Social Media Stars” have begun evaluating more than 90 projects, looking for those newspapers that use social media tools in innovative ways, that engage readers through word-of-mouth campaigns and that offer appealing content tailored to social platforms.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, 30 October, at the World Publishing Expo, the global trade exhibition for the news publishing and media industry.
The XMA jury includes:
• Seán Clarke, Executive Producer for the Guardian Media Group in the United Kingdom;
• Thomas Crampton, Asia Pacific Director, based in Hong Kong for the Ogilvy Agency;
• Nils von Heijne, Director of the Pronto Communication Agency in Sweden;
• Michael Heipel, Executive Director Marketing and Event Management for WAN-IFRA;
• Holger Kansky, Multimedia Advisor at the German newspaper association BDZV;
• Olivia Ma, News Manager for YouTube;
• Regina McCombs, Faculty member for Virtuel Teaching and Multimedia at The Poynter Institute for Media Studies in the United States;
• Anette Novak, Sweden-based Board Member of the World Editors Forum;
• Jan Rezab, CEO and Co-founder of Socialbakers in the Czech Republic;
• Michael Stoll, Trainer in Social Media Topics for the Society for News Design in Germany.
The XMA Cross Media Awards, now in its seventh year, showcases the most creative examples in cross-media publishing. Full details of the awards, including past winners, can be found here.