About the Company
As one of the UK’s leading distributors of free magazines and newspapers, Self Select Distribution, work with a large range of PLC publishers and smaller independent groups to develop effective retail distribution strategies across the UK.
Self Select operate primarily via a network of exclusive supermarket groups including Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons and Co-op. Displays stands in stores allow shoppers to pick up which ever free title appeals to them.
Self Select Distribution is an independent company based in Greater Manchester which provides a professional publication distribution service to clients including London Evening Standard, Newsquest, Reach PLC, JPI Media and a wide range of small independent publishers across various sectors.
Role and Responsibilities
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development manager with responsibility to manage and develop a range of current clients as well as source and develop new publishers & accounts across a variety of different market sectors.
The candidate must be comfortable presenting and working closely with clients at a senior level and able to develop distribution plans and strategies.
You will ideally need:
- A proven track record in sales and business development
- Previous publishing industry experience & background
- Ability to source and generate new clients on a consistent basis
- Excellent communication, IT & interpersonal skills
- Desire to achieve and exceed targets
- Customer-centric, solution-focused skills and the ability to build a long-term rapport with clients
Salary & Benefits
- Basic salary £25- £28k per annum depending upon experience
- Achievable monthly commission structure
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company Car
- Working with a market leading company in a friendly and caring environment
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.