This independent panel is responsible for appointing the Chairman and Board members of IPSO and the three lay positions on the Editors’ Code of Practice Committee.
The IPSO Appointments Panel has three members who are not from a newspaper or magazine publishing background, one member must be a serving editor and one other will come from a publishing background. The Chairman of IPSO, Sir Alan Moses, sits on the panel ex-officio, except when the Chairman is being appointed.
The Appointments Panel is:
* Sir Hayden Phillips (Chairman)
* Sir Alan Moses, Chairman of IPSO
* Lloyd Embley, Group Editor-in-Chief at Trinity Mirror
* Keith Perch, a former regional newspaper editor
* Wendy Harris, a former civil servant with considerable executive and non-executive experience of regulation
* Mehmuda Mian, a solicitor with considerable non-executive experience, including as a BBC trustee
IPSO has also published the latest set of adjudications on complaints against those publications that it regulates.