During the week of November 8, Bloomberg Green will host a series of events on the ground in Glasgow and available on livestream. The events will convene corporate leaders, government officials, and industry specialists from NGOs, IGOs, and academia for conversations focused on creating solutions to support the goals set forth at COP26. All events (with the exception of the Burning screening below) will be livestreamed on Bloomberg.com, the Bloomberg Terminal, on Twitter @BloombergLive and @Business, on YouTube via the Bloomberg Live channel, and on Facebook via Bloomberg Business.
- Bloomberg Green will present an exclusive screening of Burning (no livestream), followed by a live Q&A with the film’s director Eva Orner on Monday, Nov. 8. Burning, Amazon’s first Australian Original feature-length documentary (trailer here), takes an unflinching look at the deadly Australian bushfires of 2019-2020 through the lens of victims of the fires, activists, and scientists. Produced by Ben Silverman and Howard T. Owen’s’ Propagate and Amazon Studios and executive produced by Cate Blanchett’s Dirty Films, Burning will be released globally on Amazon Prime Video in November 2021. Orner has also directed the Netflix Original BIKRAM: Yogi, Guru, Predator, Chasing Asylum, Out of Iraq, and The Network.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 9, the Bloomberg Green Summit at COP26 will bring together executives and thought leaders to discuss local solutions for a global impact. Speakers include Peter Bakker, President & CEO, WBCSD; Jonathan Garfinkel, Partner, TPG; Ralph Izzo, Chairman & CEO, PSEG; Ilham Kadri, CEO, Solvay; John Kerry, Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, U.S. Department of State; Laura May-Lung CHA, Chairman, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd; Dr Friederike Otto, Senior Lecturer, Climate Science, Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment, Imperial College London; Marvin Rees, Mayor, Bristol; Jigar Shah, Executive Director, Loans Programs Office, Department of Energy; and more.
- Following the summit, Green will host an invitation-only dinner in celebration of climate changemakers, convening an exclusive group of leaders and influencers who are making their mark in the fight against climate change. Participants include Leah Thomas, Founder, Intersectional Environmentalist; Gary Maclean, National Chef of Scotland and Champion, Masterchef The Professionals; Theresa Rose Sebastian, Social Media Coordinator, Re-Earth Initiative; and more.
- Bloomberg Green hosts What to Watch: Morning Briefings, which will serve as a playbook for what’s ahead that day. Focused on the COP26 theme of the day, Bloomberg Green reporters, editors, and key climate experts will share their insights on the top priorities for the day. Speakers include Myles Allen, Professor of Geosystem Science, School of Geography and the Environment, Head of the Climate Dynamics Group, Department of Physics, University of Oxford; Alan Jope, CEO, Unilever; Rachel Kyte, Dean of the Fletcher School, Tufts University; Anne Smart, Vice President of Global Public Policy, ChargePoint; and more.
- Partners supporting Bloomberg Green activations at COP26 include Dassault Systèmes, General Motors, JLL, J.P. Morgan, PwC and MSCI. These companies representing technology, automotive, finance, real estate and consulting – share in Bloomberg Green’s mission to elevate the dialogue surrounding climate solutions, says Bloomber.
- Full details of Bloomberg Green’s events taking place at COP26 can be found here.
In addition to daily news coverage of the events throughout the COP26 summit, Green will offer in-depth analysis and insights, say the publishers. Highlights include:
- The Bloomberg Green Daily newsletter will become a platform for coverage of the global climate negotiations, publishing two editions each day. The existing morning edition will look ahead at what readers can expect to see during the day, while the new afternoon edition will synthesise the days’ events.
- The Fall 2021 issue of Bloomberg Green magazine features a special section on the global summit as a guide to forging the next climate consensus. The full list of stories from the section can be found here.
- Bloomberg Quicktake will debut a special series of animated videos that will explain various topics related to COP26, such as climate finance, carbon washing, the energy crisis and more.
- Bloomberg Television will air a COP26 Special from 8:30am – 9:00am GMT each day from November 1 – 3, and tape two episodes of the weekly show “Bloomberg Green” from Glasgow, anchored by Francine Lacqua.
Launched in January 2020, Bloomberg Green is a multi-platform news brand centered on the business, science, and technology of climate change.
Keep up-to-date with publishing news: sign up here for InPubWeekly, our free weekly e-newsletter.