Future is dedicated to building specialist brands and SmartBrief complements their global B2B portfolio with highly relevant and credible newsletter content, says the company.
Future has supplied the following ‘executive summary’ of the deal:
- SmartBrief is a leading US-based digital media publisher of targeted business news and information by industry.
- Leveraging proprietary technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief delivers relevant industry news in partnership with trade associations, professional societies and corporations.
- SmartBrief owns a database of 5.8m+ subscribers made up of senior executives, thought leaders and industry professionals.
- The acquisition strengthens Future’s B2B market position and diversified revenue streams.
Acquisition highlights & rationale, according to Future:
- SmartBrief, founded in 1999 and based in Washington DC, creates and distributes 250+ digital newsletters, allowing advertisers to target and engage with decision-makers and influencers across multiple sectors including food & travel, business, education, finance, health care, retail, tech, marketing and advertising.
- During 2018 Future extended its successful consumer strategy into B2B through the acquisition of NewBay Media in the US, which enabled Future to access the B2B market with several market-leading titles.
- The acquisition of Smartbrief enhances Future’s B2B reach and also their proprietary technology stack through the addition of automated email marketing.
Zillah Byng-Thorne, CEO of Future, said: “The acquisition of SmartBrief will substantially boost our presence and market position in the B2B sector and enhance our technology capabilities.”
“SmartBrief is a leading, respected provider of sector-focused newsletters and daily email briefings covering a range of key verticals. The addition of SmartBrief’s must-read information products to our portfolio will further extend the reach of our B2B operations.”
“The acquisition will be earnings enhancing, and we have identified several exciting opportunities to leverage SmartBrief’s proprietary technology in both our B2C and B2B business.”