Now in its second year, Elle Weekender has evolved into a fully immersive beauty event, celebrating, say the organisers, individuality and the joy that beauty can bring, hosted at the UK’s largest shopping centres, Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City.
Hosted in partnership with Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, the event will be taking place over two weekends from the 27th – 29th September at the west London destination and from the 11th – 13th October in Stratford.
Elle Weekender promises to draw a high-number of visitors within the centre along with a mix of renowned brands including Marc Jacobs, Benefit and ghd. With a host of carnival games and a Ferris wheel serving up cocktails, consumers will find a programme of experiential and immersive events throughout the weekend.
During Elle Weekender, consumers will also have access to the Elle beauty team along with industry expert panels, masterclasses and demos.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty – will be offering makeovers alongside a Hoopla providing customers with the chance to win samples
- Benefit – will have a brow bar and a coconut shy style activation, asking customers to knock Benefit product props off the shelves to win prizes
- ghd – will offer hair styling and blowdrys
- Lark & Berry – fine jewellery retailer will have a piercing bar offering ear piercings
- Skin Library – will be providing face masks alongside a ‘grabber’ machine containing offers and the chance to win samples
- Charlotte Mensah – will have a braid bar
- The Body Shop – wheel of fortune offering customers the chance to win samples, discounts and treatments as well as skin consultations and personalised makeovers
- Essie – will be providing manicures
- Mionetto – as the drinks official sponsor will be offering a prosecco bar
Victoria Archbold, Managing Director, Events & Sponsorship, Hearst Live, says; “Elle Weekender will be the ultimate beauty experience taking place at Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City. This is part of a successful long-term relationship with Westfield, together we bring live creativity to the retail environment. You’ll find unique installations, pop-ups and talks that showcase brands in an innovative way that we know appeals to the audience.”
Myf Ryan, CMO Europe and Group Director of Brand and Strategic Marketing for Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, said: “Westfield seeks to deliver innovative brand partnerships and interactive experiences to delight our shoppers, while giving brands maximum, impactful interaction with their key audience. Beauty is driving a large element of our footfall and we are attracting some of the best and newest beauty brands to launch at our centres. We are delighted to partner once again with Hearts to bring Elle Weekender to Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, giving visitors the chance to immerse themselves in a unique beauty experience to not only get their hands-on trending products, but be pampered in new and unique ways, and learn a few tricks of the trade too.”
Jacqui Cave, Manging Director, Elle UK, says; “We are delighted to announce our partnership with Westfield for Elle Weekender 2019 events. Presented in a playful fairground setting in both Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, the events will be over two weekends with an estimated footfall of over one million consumers visiting the centres. With renowned brands such as Marc Jacobs, Benefit and ghd plus many more we will offer an inspiring mix of shoppable pop-ups, masterclasses and access to the beauty industry’s leading experts. An unmissable event and the ultimate beauty retail experience!”