The new European edition is the first tangible output of a commitment to increase the customisation of Bloomberg products for distinct international markets to reach today’s global, mobile business news consumer.
Bloomberg Business Europe – the product of 12 months of investment in talent and technology – will deliver more localised, relevant content, advertising products, live events and licensing deals. Developed under the company’s first Managing Director for its consumer media business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa Adam Freeman, Bloomberg Business Europe offers a unique and innovative approach to business journalism, says Bloomberg.
Justin B. Smith, CEO Bloomberg Media said: “We are building a portfolio of new digital assets that align our content with the interests and behaviours of today’s international business leaders. The European edition of Bloomberg Business is another step in our ongoing strategy to customise Bloomberg’s high-quality digital content for influential business leaders globally.”
Freeman adds: “Bloomberg is a world-class organisation, sitting in a unique position of opportunity. Bloomberg Business Europe is comprehensive in its range of subject matter, moving beyond our traditional financial heartland into a range of broad subjects, curated by local teams with an entirely regional focus, reflected across all our platforms. This will not only appeal to a more general business audience but also enable us to work with new and existing commercial partners on the localised targeting capabilities this new edition offers.”
Under the editorial leadership of senior editor Nate Lanxon who joined the team from WIRED.co.uk in January this year, the European edition will dedicate expertise to themes of global significance but appealing particularly to European readers.
According to the publishers, Lanxon’s Europe-based digital editorial team of veteran journalists from some of the world’s most prestigious news organisations, including the BBC and Sky News, will unify Bloomberg’s most powerful existing media assets – including Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Television and original digital video – in a highly-curated experience leveraging the most modern forms of storytelling emerging in digital media.
“It's not just about great journalism, but also the peerless wealth of data Bloomberg provides in addition to its pool of global media resources that allow us to take readers through a story in ways that no other news organisation can. Our integrated approach enables us to leverage the work of Bloomberg’s unrivalled global team of 2,500 business journalists and analysts in more than 70 countries. The result is a unique and innovative approach to modern business journalism; pan-European at heart and truly cross-platform in nature,” says Lanxon.
According to the publishers, Bloomberg Business Europe offers:
Bloomberg Business Europe together with Bloomberg Media’s properties including mobile, television, print magazines and live events, offer new and bespoke advertising solutions allowing commercial partners to localise their unique stories across multiple platforms.
A modular ad system now allows advertisers to pick and choose interactivity and custom content solutions, while high-impact bespoke ad units are specifically designed to maximise sponsor impact and engagement.
New and existing advertisers on Bloomberg Business Europe include: Lotus, Lacoste, Barclays, Microsoft and Accenture.
Advertising revenue across all Bloomberg Media properties in EMEA in the first quarter of this year was up 25 percent compared to Q1 of 2014.
Cutting-Edge Technology Transforms the Reader Experience
Like its global parent site, Bloomberg Business Europe is powered by Brisket - a new cutting-edge, custom technology platform developed by Bloomberg technologists and designed to deliver an app-like experience at lightning speed. Such is the power of Brisket, Bloomberg has made it available to the open source community via GitHub.
Custom, proprietary modular technology enables editors to remix, rearrange and reshape the site in infinite ways. Whether through text, video, visual data, live television or any combination of those assets, the team can respond instantly to the non-stop demands of a 24/7 news cycle on a homepage that’s fully responsive for every screen size.
Leveraging Bloomberg’s Global News Resources
Bloomberg Business Europe, and all new properties that form part of Bloomberg’s consumer media strategy, now take advantage of the power of Bloomberg’s global news operation:
* With 2,500 editorial and research staff in more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries, Bloomberg produces more than five thousand stories a day and is syndicated to more than a thousand media outlets across over 60 countries.
* Three global print magazines: Bloomberg Businessweek, with a circulation of nearly one million, and Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, which reach the highest average household income audience in the business magazine industry.
* A global television network is available in more than 360 million households worldwide. Bloomberg Television is also available via livestream on Bloomberg’s digital and mobile properties, along with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
* A robust digital video operation that leverages the resources and infrastructure of Bloomberg’s global television network and reaches 82.5 million monthly streams and 13.7 million unique visitors. In EMEA, the average monthly unique visitor number for the first quarter of 2015 has been 8.5 million.
* A live events business, Bloomberg LIVE, which leverages the resources of a global news and information organisation to convene events that break and generate content.